Abdul Muhsen Shipping
AMS was established in 1991 to provide shipping and warehousing services, focusing on import and export services mainly by sea through the Jebel Ali Port. AMS has its Head Office in Dubai and the warehousing facility in Jebel Ali Free Zone consisting of 24,306 sq. meters of land, with a built-up area of 6,000 sq. meters of covered warehouse. The main business segments of AMS are cargo and container consolidation, warehousing & handling, freight forwarding and port / vessel related documentation. The major assets of the company are warehouses, fork-lifts and vehicles. As of today Abdul Muhsen manages more than 100 highly qualified employees.
Main Business Segments of AMS
- Consolidation (stuffing / de-stuffing) of cargo
- Consolidation of cargo involves stuffing / de-stuffing / cross-stuffing cargo into containers of two sizes 20-feet and 40-feet
- AMS consolidates ~15,000 TEUs (twenty-foot container equivalent units) per annum
- Covered warehouse – cargo stacked up in palettes
- Open-bay storage area for heavy cargo such as cranes
- Logistics warehousing of cargo is done in two types of storage areas: covered and open
- AMS owns ~6,000 sq. meters of covered built-up warehouse area (with a height of ~8.5m) and ~18,000 sq. meters of open-bay
- Handling involves loading shipments for consignees into trucks using fork-lifts etc.
- Freight forwarding
- 10% of AMS business currently comes from direct freight-forwarding which it plans to expand further